Saturday, July 12, 2008

Learning to let things go

Wow, it has been a very long time since my last post. Or should I say a VERY VERY VERY long time. For a while there seemed to be a whirlwind of activities happening within my life, including the completion of the 250 hour yoga teacher training course, the purchase of a brand new home (and our first!), work, work, work, and oh, yea the development of the business and various projects. It came to a point where I needed to let things go. To stop grasping and holding onto things that were not in line with my life's purpose and what I really wanted to accomplish. However, the art of letting things go is usually alot harder than it is to just say you will do it. In a whirlwind of various things to complete (and yes, I add things to my To Do list that don't really need immediate attention, its the over organizer in me!) a clear thought crossed my mind. JUST LET IT BE! Let it go! I was not being mindful with my work and activties as I was just trying to get everything completed, instead of being totally present for each task at hand.

The past few months have been spent looking at what I want to accomplish and do and what is aligned with my life's purpose, hopes, wishes and desires. I have spent many of days drawing out the things that mean the most to me in my life and what I really would like to do and accomplish. I am now spending time doing the same for the company, ensuring that both are aligned with not just a purpose, but a purpose that is meaningful and works towards my life's purpose.

Needless to say there have been many ups and downs, but most important I feel more free. Free from letting things go that I didn't need to hold on to anymore. Things that I didn't need to keep on my to do list. So here is a big hooray for moving forward and being mindful along the way in order to ensure I stay aligned with my purpose and goals.

So now that I have shared maybe there is something that you would like to take the opportunity to let go. Don't be afraid, just think of how free you will feel afterwards!

~Amanda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home